Users with SKY as their ISP are having problems with KODI, I did some research and its seems that the Shield software that SKY provide is to blame. In short it’s a service that is meant to protect children or allow the user control and filter out any content (sites)
As far as I know new customers have this enabled by default, its very easy to check and see if its enabled, and, of course, disable it!
I pointed out in a recent article, a whole list of reason why Kodi Buffers, or fails. This is a new piece of information we’ve received and have tested it thoroughly.
- Head over to
If the address does not work, or takes you to the Sky.com website, just do a google search for “Sky shield”
- Hit the Sign In button
- For some bizarre reason, Sky may forward you to the Sky.com home page, if it does, then reload
- You may notice the following text, its very misleading and does not guarantee that the shield is already OFF
Now its in your hands, to either disable the shield compelety or not. If you have children then please understand disabling the shield completely is NOT recommended.
- Sky shield is likely set to “Suitable for everyone”, or “Teens & Older” as shown below
- What we suggest, is that you DO disable it completely only for testing purposes. The quickest way to do this, is to select “Suitable for Adults Only” and press “Save Settings”
- Wait 10 minutes to ensure the settings have taken effect
- If Kodi streams being to work after this fix, then revisit
- Then amend your settings one at a time, and retest after each chnage to ensure Kodi is still working
Did this work for you? Let us know in the comments section below
This page is for informational purpose only. We do not host any files or content that may infringe copyrights. Following or implementing ideas from this page may be illegal in your country. You are solely responsible for abiding by any pertinent local or international laws. By proceeding you acknowledge that you have read and understood our full disclaimer.