If you are on older version of Android such as Kitkat(4.4.2) then you can’t install Kodi 17 Krypton on it.
FTMC is a fork for Kodi that provides hardware acceleration and more features on Rockchip mainstream chips(RK3228, RK3229, RK3229h, RK3288, RK3368, RK3399) and most Android version(Android4.4, 5*x, 6*x). FTMC supports 4K2K, 4K2K 10bit(H264, HEVC), MVC, 3D(bluray, MKV), high profile audio passthrough. It also maintains a better support for Amlogic S9xx chips and preserving the Amlogic AMCODEC (only on Android version from 4.4 to 6.x, since in 7.x amlogic removed the support for it.).
FTMC uses confluence skin but it has the functionality of Kodi 17 and can be installed on the same time with Kodi as it uses separate space on your device.
So if you are not able to install Kodi 17 on your Android version and if some streams are not working properly on Kodi 16 then you can install FTMC and get all the features of Kodi 17 Krytpon.
Before installing FTMC App on your Android Box please make sure that you have Allowed the “Unknown sources” on your Android Box. If you don’t know how to Allow Unknown Sources then follow the below steps to allow “Unknown sources” on your Android Box:
-> From the Home screen of your Android device go into Settings>More Settings>Security and there you will find one option “Unknown sources”, now you need to click on it to turn it ON and allow Unknown Sources on your Android Box.
Follow below instructions to install FTMC APK on your Android Box:
01. First download FTMC App From Here
02. On download page, you need click on Download Now option and it will be directed to FTMC Forum
03. Now you can find three different versions of FTMC that you can download, depends on the device that you are using
04. Select the version by clicking on it and you will redirected to download page
05. Now click on Download Now option and FTMC will start downloading on your Android Box
06. Wait for the download to finish
07. After that go back to the Home screen of your Android Box by pressing the Home Button on your remote
08. Now from Home screen go into your Apps>Es File Explorer, click on Local option and under Local click on Download option
09. Once you will click on Download option, you will find the Downloaded FTMC APK
10. Click on “ftmc…apk”, hit Install and it will start installing on your Android Box.
11. Now wait till the installation will finish
FTMC APK is now installed on your Android Box and the App can be accessed by going into Apps from the Home screen of your Android Box, Enjoy!